Stupidity Steps Aside for Moi

It’s all about me today (if you ask my teens, it’s always about me). I was tagged by Flowers on a Friday to reveal ten random facts about myself. Most of this blog is fueled by multitudinous random facts about me so I’ll make it brief. Since I do live in Southern California, I’m going to ask for a little aid from a few celebrities to give this tag a bit of star quality. Here goes:

1 . I went to junior high and high school with Paris Hilton’s ma.

2. I once ran after Tom Selleck after I spotted him strolling down the street in Beverly Hills. That’s just what I do when I see incredibly handsome men. He was quite charming.

3. My first job (at which I failed miserably) was as a holiday gift wrapper. My deepest apologies to all who thought Santa’s drunken elves were at play. Thank goodness, I married a wrapper.

4. I’ve been to three KISS concerts, front row and center, not as a fan, but as a guest of my sister, who is a three star general in the KISS army.

5. I love jelly doughnuts.

6. I was an extra in the movie, Sideways. Thankfully, I ended up on the cutting room floor.

7. I attended a luncheon in a Beverly Hills restaurant when some guy walked in wearing cool shades, jeans, a dress shirt and sneakers. My immediate thought was, “What a wannabe!” It was Ryan Seacrest.

8. I love films from the thirties and the forties.

9. I have two dogs and six retired show chickens.

10. I once almost fell into a deep coma after my car broke down. Not because I was ill or hurt, but because the tow truck driver persisted in speaking in double and even triple negatives. For instance, “The car scarcely needs no oil,” “I ain’t never done nothin’ to nobody,” and “I ain’t got nobody nohow.” Sheer torture.

I’m not much at game playing so any readers who’d like to play tag, please feel free to join in and reveal ten random facts about yourself on your blog. If I can do it, anyone can.

Just think!

Keli@Counterfeithumans.com

10 Responses to “Stupidity Steps Aside for Moi”

1. Reilly says:

Tom Selleck is a very good looking specimen. This is a pretty eclectic list.

You only ran after Tom Selleck?
    When I see a good looking man, I do combination of jump
    and run.

3. I once got Tom Selleck’s autograph on a cloth napkin at a restaurant in New York. I thought I was VERY cool. Also, Sideways is one of our favorite movies. Thanks for sharing!

4. Show chickens? Please explain what the hell that even means.

5. Julianne says:

I’m only a one-star general in the KISS Army. I was demoted after I heard that Terry Gross interview with Gene Simmons–Yikes!

You would not fare well in the South. People don’t understand you unless you speak in double or triple negatives.

Jenny:
    The show chickens were bequeathed to me after my once 4-H happy kids lost interest. The birds are actually purebred chickens that were carefully pampered and primped for shows throughout the state. They walked the runway and posed for expert judges (no talent show though) and eventually won many ribbons and trophies. I bet you thought the only place you could find a chicken was in the supermarket!

7. Shay says:

Wow! You’ve done a lot of interesting stuff, especially being an extra in a movie. I really liked the movie Sideways, great plot.

Thanks for the comment on mine. I like the name of your blog. 🙂

8. lotusflower says:

Hi Keli,

You are so funny without trying to.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Appreciate it.

P.S.

I like Ryan Seacrest 🙂

Cheers

9. “six retired show chickens” … sounds fantastic…what did they do and what can they still do?!

thanks for sharing 🙂

10. Kathy says:

Jelly donuts? YUM! I haven’t had one in years. Perhaps I should get out more.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I LOVE your comments re teens – sooooo true! I’m adding you to my blogarithm email so I can keep up with your blog. Great job!!