Silently Fighting Stupidity

I will be silent for one week, my friends, as I’m not in stupidity-fighting mode. One of my closest and dearly loved stuper (short for a suffocatingly stupid person) fighting comrades passed away a few days ago: my grandmother. Granted, she was ninety-one, but I still find it quite a shock to my system.

I have always had the good fortune and pleasure of living within short distance of my grandparents and mother. I could not have asked for anything better than that.

My grandmother was a strong-willed, wise, loving and fearless person. Whenever my sister and I were victimized by stuper relatives, she was the one we went to for support. She always told us the same thing,

“You should love everyone!”

Then she’d pick up the phone, call the idiot transgressor and let them have it. In a firm, yet nice and oddly reassuring fashion. She was our shield.

At the end of the week, I will attend her funeral services. I am summoning up all my fortitude and mental stamina. Some of you veteran readers may recall what happened at my grandfather’s memorial when I inadvertently entered a parallel universe. This time I plan to be better prepared.

Life is a state of consciousness.

10 Responses to “Silently Fighting Stupidity”

1. dawn says:

My condolences to you and your family Keli.
    Age is never a factor when you lose someone you love. Sounds like your grandmother was a wonderful woman.

Keli,

I am so very sorry to hear this news, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during this difficult time.

3. Condolences, Keli. Take some time out and rest a bit. My strongest love to you for this. Pick your chin up and receive it…You can put it down again later.

All my love to you, darling, and to your whole family. She’ll pass her legacy of stuper-hunting on to us all!

xx

4. Paulyn says:

Condolences to you and your family, Keli. I hope things will turn out differently this time during the funeral services. take care.

5. Jennifer says:

I’ll be thinking of you, luvvy, and saying a prayer. How wonderful that your grandmother had such a long life and loving family!

6. Julianne says:

I’m sorry to hear about your Grandmother Keli. She sounds like a great woman.

So sorry to hear about your grandmother, Keli! : (
    It was already over a week ago, so I hope your difficult week was also full of family and love.
    Take good care, Keli!
    Ferd.

8. Aja says:

Be like her and speak you mind!
    I miss reading you =)

Thank you kindly, one and all, dear friends!

10. Dan says:

Hi Keli,
    So sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. My condolences to you and your family. But I believe she is one gutsy woman and must have created and left beautiful memories for you.
    Take care.